Author Topic: Your opinion on buy and sell of Memorial lots  (Read 4752 times)

Offline tantoy

• Welcome to PinoyBroker Real Estate Forum !
Your opinion on buy and sell of Memorial lots
« on: December 18, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »
Hi, newbie in the forum here. I've been looking around the web for info on buy and selling of memorial/funeral lots dito sa pinas and so far wala pang feasibility or profitability nitong branch ng real estate. since i have limited capital to invest, i'm thinking of getting a memorial lot/s and selling it in the future. any of you guys have an experience in this field or know someone who profited or nalugi dito? how fast is the lot to liquidate if ever the need to sell arise? wala rin akong makitang historical price list ng mga memorial lots dito sa pinas or at least metro manila so i am trying to request from the memorial parks around. no reply yet from them so far.
or is it better to invest somewhere else (foreclosed properties, etc.), in terms of % price increase over time?

Offline PinoyBroker

• Administrator
Re: Your opinion on buy and sell of Memorial lots
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »
Hi, newbie in the forum here. I've been looking around the web for info on buy and selling of memorial/funeral lots dito sa pinas and so far wala pang feasibility or profitability nitong branch ng real estate. since i have limited capital to invest, i'm thinking of getting a memorial lot/s and selling it in the future. any of you guys have an experience in this field or know someone who profited or nalugi dito? how fast is the lot to liquidate if ever the need to sell arise? wala rin akong makitang historical price list ng mga memorial lots dito sa pinas or at least metro manila so i am trying to request from the memorial parks around. no reply yet from them so far.
or is it better to invest somewhere else (foreclosed properties, etc.), in terms of % price increase over time?

In my opinion, memorial lots are becoming passe here in Urban Metro Manila. Most are already embracing the columbary concept. Do take note that columbarium niches are more affordable than plots nowadays plus you get the convenience of hassle free parking (in most cases), covered altars, etc.

The case is entirely different in provinces though like in Cebu and Davao where people would still prefer memorial lots as it was their tradition to always visit relatives and have them in just one place. We had invested in memorial lots in Mindanao during pre-selling (around P9,000/lot) some 10 years ago and the value is now at around P35,000 (P21,000 if you're in a hurry). Compare to this our 16-plot family lot in Himlayan which my grandparents bought at around P75,000 (or so some 30 years ago... I can't actually verify this price) which we are now selling for P750,000 (for 3 years now with no offers).

Hope this helps..

Offline jasonconferido

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »
I think memorial lots can be a very risky investment. It is something that you'll have a hard time selling since most people nowadays prefer to cremate or built mausoleums for their departed loved ones. I think its better you choose another investment. If you have limited capital to invest then why not try rent to own transactions.

Offline augustusmartinez01

• ArcaSouth - City in Sync
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 02:13:04 PM »
I think memorial lots can be a very risky investment. It is something that you'll have a hard time selling since most people nowadays prefer to cremate or built mausoleums for their departed loved ones. I think its better you choose another investment. If you have limited capital to invest then why not try rent to own transactions.

I totally agree with you. I think it's a big risk. Choose another investment, based on your capital.

Offline Navid

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 08:06:41 PM »
Perhaps it is good sometimes listen to yourself. If you think you can succeed, you should try.

Offline stephutch28

• Best SEO Company Philippines
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 09:52:46 PM »
Its good investments!